What is Gut Health?
Gut health – it’s the buzzword that’s taking the health and wellness world by storm. But what does it mean? Well, your gut is essentially your second brain, responsible for everything from digestion to immunity to mood regulation. And if your gut is out of whack, it can lead to a whole host of problems, from bloating and breakouts to brain fog and sugar cravings. Read on to discover how our gut is linked, well, to just about every part of our bodies.
The 7 Signs of an Imbalanced Bowel
Your gut is responsible for keeping your body on top of its game, which is exactly why it should be top of your health priorities. Here are seven signs to look out for:
1. Regular Breakouts – If you’re struggling with constant breakouts, it might be a sign that your gut is out of balance. The bacteria in your gut have a direct line of communication with your skin, and if they’re not in harmony, it can lead to inflammation and breakouts.
2. Weight Fluctuation – An imbalanced gut can wreak havoc by interfering with the absorption of vitamins, minerals, and fat, causing your weight to fluctuate up and down faster than a kangaroo on a trampoline. A happy gut means you can keep your weight on an even keel.
3. Brain Fog – The bacteria in your gut produce neurotransmitters that affect your mood, memory, and cognitive function. When those bacteria are out of balance, it can lead to brain fog, forgetfulness, and even depression. Sorry, what? Oh yes, I need to take VitaminMe Debloating + Digestion!
4. Restless Sleep – Your gut produces 95% of your body’s serotonin, an imbalanced gut directly impacts the amount of serotonin produced. Not having enough serotonin can lead to bouts of insomnia or difficulty getting to sleep leaving you feeling like a zombie the next day.
5. Mood Changes – The bacteria in your gut produce neurotransmitters that affect your mood, and if they’re not in harmony, it can lead to mood swings, anxiety, and even panic attacks. Nobody got time for that.
6. Poor Concentration – Focus! Your gut can affect your cognitive function if the bacteria present are not happy, and balanced. The gut-brain axis is a thing and if not in harmony, can lead to poor concentration, memory loss, and even dementia.
7. Sugar Cravings – Gut bacteria have a sweet tooth. They love to feast on sugar, and when they’re out of balance, they’ll send signals to your brain to crave more sugar, leaving you with a one-way ticket to sugar town.
The Journey to Balancing Your Gut
So, what can you do to get your gut back on track? Well, the good news is that there are a lot of things you can do, from eating more probiotic-rich foods to managing stress and taking supplements like VitaminMe – Debloating + Digestion.
This super supplement combines the power of milk thistle, turmeric, and fennel to support a healthy digestive system, alleviate bloating, and promote clear, glowing skin.
The Natural Gut Gurus
· Fennel: is a fibre-rich plant that has antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that helps relieve digestive discomfort and bloating.
· Milk Thistle: is a naturally occurring herb that promotes optimal liver, digestion and skin health by aiding in the absorption of nutrients and removal of harmful toxins.
· Turmeric: contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components that assist with indigestion, bloating and skin health.
By incorporating our Debloating + Digestion into your daily routine you put your gut health first resulting in a happier, healthier you!