While research is ongoing, it has been shown that the foundation of our health lies in our gut microbiome. As a matter of fact, 80% of the immune system is in the gut, and the majority of our happy hormones are too. So, paying close attention to how your tum is doing and practicing good digestive care is a must for keeping our overall health and well-being in check.
We know it can be tough to combat bloating and other digestive issues, especially when there are so many factors that can be considered. The gut is a sensitive little dude – it can be easily affected by stress, too little sleep, lack of physical activity, eating ultra-processed foods, taking antibiotics… the list of gut disruptors can go on and on.
Pinpointing the root cause of what’s making your gut grumpy isn’t always as simple as one might think, however, you can start by doing what you can with what you have to practice good digestive care. Wondering how? Read on! We’re here to guide you through how you can put your gut health first and finally beat the uncomfortable bloat with VitaminMe’s debloating pills.
How to Beat the Bloat
Let’s face it, we all experience bloating throughout the day. However, if you feel super bloated after drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning (we know the struggle), you might want to look into what you can do to practice good digestive care. Here’s how:
Mindful eating involves paying closer attention to your food, how it makes you feel, and being fully present when providing your body with the nutrients it needs. It’s a simple yet effective way to improve digestion and reduce bloating. Chew your food thoroughly and eat slowly to allow your body to break down the food properly. It’s important to listen to your hunger and fullness cues so that you’re aware of when you feel comfortably satisfied, rather than stuffed. This can prevent excessive pressure on the digestive system, and reduce the likelihood of feeling uncomfortably bloated.
Get up and get moving
Regular exercise is fundamental for practicing good digestive care. Moving your body can help to stimulate the muscles in your digestive tract, which makes bowel movements more regular. Yip, we’re talking about having good, consistent poops! Exercise also releases extra sodium from the body through sweat, which can assist with relieving water retention and, as a result, decrease the bloat.
Give your tum a rub
If you’re feeling discomfort from something you’ve eaten, an abdominal massage can help to get the bowels moving. Follow these simple steps:
- Place your hands just above your right hip bone.
- With light pressure, rub up toward the right side of the ribcage in a circular motion.
- Move across to the left side and down toward your left hip bone.
- Repeat until the discomfort is alleviated.
Remember to be gentle and stop if the massage brings further abdominal pain.
Take debloating pills
Sometimes a little debloating boost is all you need. VitaminMe’s Debloating + Digestion vitamins ensure your tummy is healthy and happy so that you can go about your day comfortably and with confidence.
Our debloating pills are carefully formulated to encourage a healthy digestive system, reduce bloating, and keep you regular! Key ingredients include fennel, milk thistle, and turmeric which work their magic in alleviating digestive discomfort.
- Fennel – A fibre-rich plant that is proven to alleviate digestive discomfort and bloating. Both the plant and seeds have antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties that rid the gut of bacteria contributing to digestive discomfort.
- Milk thistle – This natural herb has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It promotes optimal liver, digestion, and skin health by aiding the absorption of nutrients and the removal of harmful toxins.
- Turmeric – It’s power-packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components. Its active compound, curcumin, helps relaxes the muscles of the gastrointestinal system reducing bloating and digestive discomfort.
We want you to feel empowered and confident in knowing that you can prioritise and practice good digestive care to beat the bloat. Embrace VitaminMe’s debloating pills to bid farewell to the discomfort of feeling bloated and welcome a joyful, healthy gut and a happier you!