It’s been a beauty buzzword lately, and the trend is not slowing down. Collagen is here to stay, and for so many good reasons. It’s become an essential item in our beauty and wellness regimens, with proven results and long-lasting effects.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and forms the ‘scaffolding’ of our body – imagine a structural support in connective tissues such as skin, hair, nails, cartilage, tendons, ligaments and bones; it’s the stuff that holds us together. Almost like glue. VitaminMe doesn’t promise miracles, it’s the science that does.
Our bodies produce collagen naturally, but its production begins to decrease as we age. Collagen production is further disrupted by sun exposure, environmental pollutants, alcohol, smoking and stress. Low collagen production in the body results in wrinkles, brittle hair, joint pain, and even digestive issues. While it is possible to accelerate collagen loss, it’s also possible to slow it down. This is where the benefits of collagen supplementation start.
There are plenty of fish in the sea: Marine Collagen, the perfect match for your beauty needs.
Marine collagen is collagen peptides extracted from the skin of fish. Marine collagen is absorbed up to 1.5 times more efficiently in the body, and the bioavailability is superior to collagen of both bovine, porcine and chicken. This is due to its smaller particle size compared to other types of collagen.
Marine collagen primarily contains Type I collagen – this type of collagen is predominantly found in skin, hair and nails – resulting in specific skin and beauty benefits, such as minimising wrinkles, improving skin elasticity, and enhancing hair and nail health. Not only can it improve our hair, skin and nails it can also enhance our muscle, eye, bone and joint
Not all collagen is created equal: Why Choose Marine Collagen + Radiance?
VitaminMe has done extensive research into which collagen delivers the best results for your skin and body. Taking advice from leading pharmacologists, nutritionists, and research facilities, we chose to use Peptan® Marine (hydrolyzed marine collagen peptides), offering the highest quality collagen supplement that is bioavailable, easy to absorb and hyper-effective.
Marine Collagen + Radiance is:
· Made from 100% wild-caught fish (MSC certified)
· 100% pure collagen peptides of marine origin
· 100% free from antibiotics, hormones and preservatives
Here are our top reasons for choosing marine collagen, specifically Peptan® Marine, over other options:
Better absorption: Marine collagen comes with superior bioavailability. It means this collagen is more efficiently absorbed, compared to bovine, porcine and chicken collagen. Better absorption means better benefits. Makes sense, right?
Sustainability: Fish skin and scales are of no use, and this is where marine collagen comes from, making it environmentally more sustainable.
Best for skin: Marine collagen is known to be best for beauty, including reducing visible fine lines and wrinkles, anti-ageing, and firmness.
No taste: Despite what you may think, marine collagen does not have a fishy taste or smell due to its source. This makes it so easy to mix into foods and drinks without compromising on flavour.
What Are The Benefits of Marine Collagen + Radiance?
We’ve rounded up the top benefits and outlined them here.
1 . Supports skin health: Consumption of Type 1 collagen (Marine Collagen + Radiance) can help the skin become smoother and firmer, which boosts skin elasticity. Taking marine collagen consistently will allow your skin cells to renew and repair as normal.
2. Improves hair growth: Supplementing with marine collagen can help with healthier-looking hair. This is due to the fact that marine collagen allows the dermis (where the skin follicles grow from) to repair, which keeps the hair stronger and healthier.
3. Improves nail growth & health: Collagen promotes nail growth and strength for naturally beautiful nails. Collagen is known to hydrate the nail bed and cuticles, while also improving brittle nails by replenishing keratin. So your nails can grow longer, quicker and stronger.
4. Promotes bone growth: While marine collagen doesn’t contain the minerals you’d typically associate with bone health, one animal study suggests that it may help support the absorption of calcium, phosphorus, and other minerals into the body.
5. Supports gut and digestive health: Marine collagen contains proline, glutamine and glycine which are amino acids that help protect and strengthen the intestinal barrier. It is also a great way to support overall digestive health and function.
How Do I Use Collagen Peptides?
Our unflavoured collagen peptides are odourless, flavourless, and tasteless so you can add them to just about anything! Our favourite way to use our Marine Collagen + Radiance is adding a scoop to your hot coffee, tea, smoothies, or baked goods.
Hook, line and sinker: Marine collagen holds the key to all your beauty needs.
Marine collagen + Radiance is the optimal beauty supplement to promote glowing skin, healthier hair, stronger nails, improved gut health/digestion and more!