Oh, the month of love. The perfect time to show our significant others just how much we love them. This year it’s time to ditch the overpriced roses, unnecessary boxes of chocolates and expensive meals out. It’s time to get intimate. Maybe you’re looking to heat up the bedroom? Or you have a big date planned with hopes it ends with sparks, or you’ve planned a romantic weekend getaway, or you’re just looking for a libido boost. We’ve got you.
When it comes to spicing things up with your partner, there is one secret weapon you simply cannot miss out on experimenting with, and that’s food and supplements! Yes, actual food and supplements, are a great way to spice up your sex life in a way, even expensive toys cannot. The number one secret to keeping your number one happy is to keep your mind and hormones on track, that’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best aphrodisiacs to spice things up and bring the heat.
The food of love
1. Oysters: Oysters are known for their high levels of zinc, which is essential for testosterone production. Testosterone is the hormone responsible for maintaining a healthy sex drive in both men and women. Did you know men only need two oysters to meet their daily requirement, for healthy testosterone production? As they say, the world is your oyster!
2. Dark Chocolate: How happy are you that this is on our list? Chocolate contains compounds such as phenylethylamine and serotonin, which can increase feelings of happiness and well-being, leading to a boost in libido. You’re welcome.
3. Avocados: Now this one may be surprising. Avocados are a rich source of healthy fats, which are essential for maintaining hormone balance. They are also high in vitamin B6, which is needed for testosterone production. And, they’re a superfood!
4. Apples: Here’s what they didn’t tell you about an apple a day. . . eating apples daily is beneficial for your sexual health. Apples are a great source of phytoestrogens and polyphenols which are known to enhance sexual function, they’re also generally great for health, so eat your heart out.
5. Watermelon: Nature’s Viagra, we bet you didn’t expect that one. Watermelon contains citrulline an amino acid that gets converted into arginine. Arginine is known to help to improve circulation leading to, a boost in sex drive and sensation.
6. Red wine: A glass of red wine can help to relax the mind and body, reducing stress and enhancing libido. However, it’s important to drink in moderation as excessive alcohol consumption can negatively impact sexual performance.
Foods to Avoid
Just as there are foods that can enhance libido, there are also foods that can have a negative impact on your sexual health. Some of the foods to avoid include:
1. Processed foods: Processed foods are high in unhealthy fats and chemicals that can interfere with hormone production, leading to a decrease in libido. Say no to chips!
2. Sugar: Consuming excessive amounts of sugar can lead to hormonal imbalances and decreased energy levels, both of which can negatively impact your libido levels and drive.
3. Trans fats: Trans fats are found in many processed foods and have been linked to decreased testosterone levels, which is not good for drive, or blood circulation.
Libido + Drive Supplement
Why not give your partner a useful, thoughtful gift this V Day? Libido + Drive is truly a gift that keeps giving. This all-natural supplement contains a blend of unique herbs, vitamins, and minerals that have been shown to increase libido, and enhance sexual performance.
Some of the key ingredients in Libido + Drive include:
1. Horny goat weed: A traditional herb used in Chinese medicine for centuries to improve sexual function and arousal. It’s known for its positive results when treating low libido and sexual fatigue.
2. Tribulus Terrestris: This Mediterranean plant is known to enhance heart circulation which has a direct and positive influence on aiding sexual performance, circulation and sensation.
3. Maca root: Maca root is a natural aphrodisiac that has been used for centuries to improve sexual health and enhance libido in both men and women.
Maintaining a healthy diet that includes all the right foods to enhance low libido levels, while avoiding foods that can have a negative impact on your sexual health is essential for maintaining a healthy and active intimate life. So go forth and give your body all it needs so you can satisfy yours and your loved ones’ needs.